We’ve put together a few weight loss meal plans for you to make getting started on your diet even easier. Our diet plans follow a few simple rules that you can use to customize your own plans easily.
Here are the guidelines we followed in creating these meal plans for weight loss:
1. No added sugar
One of the keys to eating healthier is to learn how to stop sugar cravings for good. Most of our meal plans do not include any added sugars and also rely heavily on switching to whole grains, since refined grains are often processed by the body as sugar. Try to stay away from sugar substitutes, since these are not healthy for you at all.
2. Eat Organic & Avoid Refined Foods
Organic foods taste better. But beyond that, they’re not filled with harsh chemicals and preservatives and other toxins your body can’t process and can cause you to gain/retain weight. If you want to be healthy, your body needs the right nutrition – and you can only get that from whole foods. Read labels carefully – if you don’t know what an ingredient is, it’s probably best to avoid it.
3. Stick to the Food Groups
It is important to make sure you get a good balance of the different food groups. We recommend 3-4 servings of vegetables, 1-2 servings of fruit, 3 servings of proteins, and 2-3 servings of grains each day. If you balance these all out through out each meal, it’s easy to make sure you get the right nutrition your body needs to become healthy.
Before using these weight loss meal plans, remember to speak to your doctor to make sure any of your special dietary needs are taken care of. This diet does not take into consideration things like sodium or cholesterol if either is a concern for you. Exercise will help you greatly if you want to see faster, more permanent results.
These weight loss meal plans are not “rules” but simply a guide to help you determine what you will eat when starting your diet on your own.
Another thing to remember is if you’re not eating foods that you like and enjoy, you may not be able to stick to your diet as easily! Dieting shouldn’t be focusing on what you can’t eat – but what great things you can and should be eating!
Below are some ideas for what to eat each day:
It’s important to eat breakfast to jump start your day. NEVER skip breakfast and try to eat something that is healthy and will leave you feeling satisfied enough until lunch.
- Whole Grain Cereal with Almond or Coconut Milk, Fresh Fruit and Nuts
- Whole grain tortilla with scrambled egg, spinach, and salsa
- Fruit/Veggie Smoothie (perfect for busy mornings)
- Easy Microwave Veggie Omelet
- Flaxseed Banana Pancakes
When creating our lunch ideas, we tried to keep in mind that many people will be eating lunch on the go – so we stuck to ideas that are portable and easy to take along just about anywhere.
- Whole grain tortilla wraps with romaine lettuce, spinach, turkey cubes, shredded carrots, and avocado slices
- Black Bean salad with salsa
- Spinach salad with tangerines, strawberries and chicken
- Hard Boiled Egg and Veggie Sticks
- Tuna sandwich with green peppers, olives, tomato and onion
- Whole grain rice pasta with marinara sauce, squash, zucchini, carrots, and spinach
- Salmon or Cod and asparagus or broccoli
- Tortillas with meat, lettuce, salsa, and black beans
- Homemade pizza with sauce, peppers, onions, and spinach
- Chicken stir fry with more veggies than rice
- Steak salad with homemade french fries
- Healthy Turkey Meatloaf
Being prepared with lots of snacks and snack ideas will help you avoid falling into the temptation of not so healthy snack ideas. So, while if you aren’t hungry you certainly don’t need to eat snacks, you don’t have to deprive yourself either. You just need some ideas!
- Any veggies
- Any fruits
- Banana with peanut butter, sunflower seeds, and mini chocolate chips
- Baked tortilla chips and salsa
- Date and Walnut Bars
- Trail Mix
- Turkey slices on crackers
- Baked apple with granola on top
Now that you have some ideas on what you can do for dieting and making your own meals, you can start planning what foods you will eat. Of course, make sure to stick to your weight loss meal plans for effective results.