We’ve put together 10 easy ab exercises for you to help you get that flat stomach you’ve been wanting. Doing ab exercises can help you reduce the amount of fat stored in your stomach particularly in midsection area and strengthen and tone those muscles there. Just remember to always consult a physician before starting any exercise program to ensure that you are physically fit to do it.
We recommend doing these 10 easy ab exercises in conjunction with regular aerobic exercises throughout the week. You may do them all at once as part of one workout or simply combine the easy ab exercises that are your favorite and seem to be the most effective. While aerobic exercise is important as it burns calories and fat – these exercises on the other hand are designed for building muscle.
Here are 10 Easy Ab Exercises
1. The Bicycle Easy Ab Exercise. Lie on the floor with your back against the floor. Next, lift your legs up and move them as if you were pedaling a bicycle. Try to focus on using your ab muscles instead of your leg muscles. Do for about 5 minutes.
2. Squeeze a Mouse Easy Ab Exercise. Lie flat on the floor with your stomach against the floor. Now pretend that a mouse wants to squeeze underneath your stomach and using nothing but your stomach muscles lift your stomach off the floor. Do 10-15 reps three times.
3. Standing Side Bends Easy Ab Exercise. Stand in an upright position with your feet about a foot apart and your arms at your side. Keep your knees straight and lean from left to right. You should feel your stomach muscles being used while leaning in this easy ab exercise. Do 10-15 reps three times.
4. Touch You Toes Easy Ab Exercise. Stand straight in an upright position. Now lean forward and touch your toes keeping your knees and arms straight. Do 10-15 reps three times. If standing is difficult, you can also opt to sit on the floor with your legs straight out.
5. Leg Crunch Easy Ab Exercise. Everyone hates doing curl-ups, sit-ups, or crunches, but this easy leg crunch ab exercise is simple. Lie flat on your back on the floor or your exercise mat. Curl your legs up to bring your knees up to your chest, then slowly, keeping your knees bent allow them to touch the floor. You may do both legs at once or alternate one side. Do 10-15 reps three times.
6. Kick Backs Easy Ab Exercise. Position yourself so you are on your hands and knees on the floor. Now kick your leg out, making it no longer bent but straight out parallel with the rest of your body. Do 10-15 reps, twice for each leg.
7. The Reach For the Sky Easy Ab Exercise. Standing upright with your feet about a foot apart and knees straight, use your stomach to help you reach up in the air with your arms something imaginary above you. Then slowly bring your arms back down. It is important to go slowly, as gravity will naturally give you resistance in this easy ab exercise. Do 10-15 Reps three times.
8. On a Chair Easy Ab Exercise. This easy ab exercise is done while sitting on the edge of a chair. Simply keep your back slightly tilted and lift your knees to you chest. Do 10-15 reps three times.
9. Torso Spin Easy Ab Exercise. Standing straight up, lift your arms straight out to the sides, and then bend your elbows so your hands are pointing towards the ceiling. Keeping your arms away from your body, spin your middle bringing one arm in front of you and one arm behind you. Do 10-15 reps three times.
10. Belly Kick Back Easy Ab Exercise. For this easy exercise, lay flat on your stomach and cross you arms in front of you to support your upper body and head. Now bring your legs slowly up and slowly back down by bending them at the knees. Do 10-15 reps three times.
Doing these easy ab exercises consistently will help you slowly and easily tone your ab muscles for a flatter, trimmer stomach.